Saturday, July 12, 2008

Raaawr!

Karl and I have been reading a lot of Good Night, Gorilla to Soren lately. He loves when we make the sounds of the animals as we flip through the pages (the armadillo is a tricky one.) We noticed that Soren started repeating us when we would "raawr" for the lion. Of course, we thought this was the cutest thing ever to happen.

On Thursday when I was home alone with Soren, getting ready for work, I put him in his crib so I could take a shower. I set him up with some books (not Good Night, Gorilla though) and a bunch of toys to play with while he had some alone time. Here's what happened when I walked by his room after my shower.



This is just another example of us not giving him enough credit for the stuff he can do. Not only does he know what sound the lion makes, he can pick them out of any old book! We realize this is something every baby at this age can probably do - we're impressed anyway.

Since we have a lot of time alone at night due to Soren's 7pm bedtime, Karl and I LOVE watching videos of our little buddy after he's gone to bed. This one has just topped the list!

P.S. Notice that whine and expressive eyebrow raising and furrowing? I'm getting a LOT of that lately....welcome to toddlerhood!

7 comments:

Sera Sage said...

"I got to watch the movie.
I liked seeing the video.
Soren got bigger!
Hey daddy, Soren's big now!

I'll see you soon, because they're gonna come visit soon in a few days, right?"

Flo Paris said...

"He opens his eyes, and tells me lies. There's a Texan Armadillo on my pillow."

Soren needs to know the facts.

Erin said...

Ahahaha! Yes, actually...that is what Soren knows about the armadillo. That's the only thing that comes to mind when we get to that page. :)

skylana said...

i'd give anything for that whine... over 'nonononono!' as she cries and runs to her room.... awkward.


he's so advanced.

skylana said...

uh and what!?!?? sera has a 'blogspot' account? creep me out.

skylana said...

karl- i fixed the fact that your names weren't on her list of words, now you guys need to fix the fact that my blog isn't even ON your list of blogs asap!

Ryan said...

I'm intimidated.