Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's Three A.M. I Must Be...Pregnant

This is me. About to go out to my last date while I still can. I lasted until 9 before my eyes just wanted to shut and my body said it was time for bed. Yeah, it was a rockin' night.

I'm up now, at 3am because this is what I do lately. Just wake up, for no apparent reason and stay that way for at least an hour. This is my baby body clock getting itself used to the middle-of-the-night, so-delirious-you-do-crazy-stuff wakings with a newborn. Tonight I got Karl to join the party, so we're both up now. Blogging, facebooking, eating cereal, watching Bottle Rocket. You know - normal things you do when you can't sleep and don't have a baby to feed.

My sister flies in tomorrow afternoon, on the heels of one very sweet shower that was thrown in honor of Anika and me yesterday. Life is getting really good! I cannot get over how special the whole thing was. Pictures are soon to follow (if I can track down people who thought to take pictures.) Every single thing about it was lovely thanks to my super sweet friend and equally sweet mama who know just how to make a girl feel really loved.

I'm yawning again, which means maybe my wakeful period is coming to an end. Only 3 more nights of being up in the middle of the night for no reason.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet, SWEEET Erin ~ bless your little heart and swollen belly!! I still can't get over how great you look at this stage...I never did! About your 'last date' for awhile...falling asleep at 9...now that I can relate to. Rock concert couldn't keep me awake! Soon and very soon, you will be so thrilled to hold that baby in your arms instead of out front and lower... Praying for you and her and Karl and all who will be there to help out... Love you!!

Ryan said...

So excited ...

Hulu became our best friend for middle-of-the-night activities. We can't wait to meet your little girl!

Julie said...

You look adorable!! I sure is heck hope to look as good as you when I am as far along as you are. Glad things are still going so well for you. Many blessings to you and your family.