Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Big 1

Soren is turning 1 and having his first birthday party on June 7. This fact just hit me the other day and I am in fast planning mode. I just got the invitation out a couple of days ago, thanks to my dear friends Seth and Skylana. Seth personally designed the invitation and it's so special to have his 1st birthday invitations made by one of Soren's favorite people. (Seriously, Soren LOVES Seth's band.) Here's a little taste of what it looks like...


The elephant (hand drawn by Seth) actually walks in the real invitation - so cool. Thanks Seth!

A few of you have asked what Soren might want as a gift. Of course no gifts are required, or even expected (I hope this goes without saying.) If you would like to give him a gift over and above your love for him, you can check out his wishlists at Amazon.com, Speeses.com and Kate Quinn Organics. All of the links to these sites can be found on the right hand side of this blog under Soren's Birthday Wish Lists.

Now I'm off to look for a cake recipe that won't put him into a sugar coma on his birthday...

1 comment:

Flo Paris said...

That invitation is the CUTEST thing.
Maybe I can make it to the end of the party?
I'm still gonna try to figure it out.
Love you!