Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ani Jane

I've been thinking that I would get a jump start on helping people with our little girl's name, since I'm sure it's bound to cause some confusion.

The name Anika (or Annika) means 'favor', 'grace' or 'sweet-faced'. Jane also means 'grace', which must be a sign that she truly is a undeserved gift to us (and that we'll need a lot of grace to welcome her into our family during this crazy season.)

Now for the most important part - the pronunciation: The most correct way to say it is AH-nee-kah but that's a little too awkward for most Americans to say, so we are going with the AH-ne-kah pronuciation (rhymes with 'Hanukkah'). Make sense? Cool.

Soren can pronounce both of her names perfectly already and whenever I hear him say it it makes my heart melt a little bit. He is very serious about her and makes sure to remind me that she's "still growin." I think they'll be a great pair.

Now here's some older brother preciousness for ya'll...

7 comments:

Flo Paris said...

Anika is SUPER FETUS!!!!!!!

Erin said...

Oh yes...she is! New and improved though, she's flexible now. I knew you would recognize it. :) I still have the original SF around here somewhere...

Fig+Sage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fig+Sage said...

This video is waaay too precious for words!! I love it...played it 5 times already :) They will be a great pair. He'll be such a good older brother.

Paige said...

Yes, love the super fetus. Jon placed them all around our house, and not in normal places so they keep surprising me. (Really, I guess nowhere would be considered normal for keeping a mock fetus... ).

Tricia Swift said...

I love IT! the name and the video of Soren!

meg said...

oh Erin, hearing him talk about his sister is so precious.