Thursday, May 14, 2009

We're Telling

Woah, where have I been??

Well, basically trying to hold on to my sanity while I finish up my last couple months of juggling work, toddler raising, and figuring out what we're going to drive and where we're going to live. It's been crazy - which I always say - but you can probably get used to it for the next 12 months. We're just holding on for the ride, but with the craziness has also come a few new and really sweet friends that I am so grateful for. It makes me actually feel like I can handle whatever life is going to be like, knowing that I will have an amazing support system of other mothers that I admire. So, even in the midst of what is becoming the most stressful season of my life, I am finding so many things to be blessed by.

Now, onto the news...

1.) We bought a new car (OK, OK, it's a minivan) and it has honestly changed our lives. We fit now and will have no problem adding another little car seat when the time comes. Hallelujah! My legs fit and Soren no longer gets minor brain damage every time he gets placed in/out of his car seat. Violet can go places with us along with a big basket of laundry without us looking like a gypsy family. And best of all...it actually runs and I don't have to live in a constant state of worry that I'll be stranded along side the freeway with a child. It's amazing.

2.) We are moving to the country. Yep...gone are our city dwelling days. Hello rolling hills, dirt roads, quiet, cricket chirping and frog croaking nights and 15 minutes to anywhere. Out of urgent financial necessity, we are moving to my parent's property as we finish up Karl's last year in school. I'm excited to have the support of my parents as I juggle life with a newborn and a very independent toddler. Soren will have memories of catching Blue Belly lizards and hatching eggs of various birds and digging in the dirt for fun - just like his mama did.

Of course, this arrangement brings along with it it's own set of stresses, but we are planning lots of date nights and (hopefully) a housing situation that allows us alone time. Although it's not what we would have planned, we are going to make the best of it. This deal goes down the end of June, so this next month will be wild.

3.) We have a girl's name (which is old news) but due to some coaxing and thought on our part, we are now sharing the name. This little one shall be called Anika Jane Lundeen. We have loved this name since before we were married 8 years ago and have never heard another girl's name that has come close in our minds. Karl suggested the name Jane because it was sweet, timeless and simple and it just worked to put them both together. So now we'll have two appropriately named semi-Swedes in our household and it feels perfect. Now, go take a moment to be blown away by our child-naming skills.

*I must apologize for the lack of pictures, they will be coming shortly.*

16 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope that Anika Jane (love it!) and Matilda Jane grow up being great friends! We are here for you and want to help with whatever you need in this crazy time!

skylana said...

we'll all have girls with A's! cute.

cant wait to eat beef with you.

skylana said...

oh yea i forgot to say that jane is one of my most favorite names... and you KNOW how i feel about names.

Stover Family said...

absolutely love your name choices as well, very sweet...I was wondering what could go along with Soren and not be overshadowed, wonderful job you guys!

absolutely love your choice to move to BFE...living with the parents has been such a positive point in my children's lives and I cherish everyday that they go outside and see Grandma. David's parents are so gracious with giving us our space that it's never an issue and I hope your parents are the same! I will really be sad when we move. It's great to see parents who put their wants last and sacrifice for thier family, cuddos to you Erin (does this mean you are home full time this year?)

absolutely love that you have a group of great mommies, and where do I get some more? That year on that mommy group was the stupidest year of my life for reasons that will be shared in person ;)...

and absolutely love the non-gypsy minivan saga! I could perfectly picture that one! Brad gets semi brain damage in my truck, it's all about the heave...poor guys!

that's all!

Erin said...

Sarah - I hope that they are great friends too! I guess if we couldn't have kids that practically share the same birthday, we might as well have kids that share the same middle name. :)

Skylana - I'm glad you like it...well, at least the 'Jane' part. Yes, I know how you feel about names.

Alyssa - Thanks for your kind and encouraging words! It's good to hear that living so close to in-laws has been positive for you. Yes, this means I will not be working after next month. We are majorly sacrificing so I can raise my own kids but it is so worth it to me. Hopefully this will allow more time to hang out too. :)

The Talley Family said...

So glad to hear things are going well....well mostly well. School and babies are stressful combinations! But the end is near and you 4 will be just fine.
Absolutely love the name. It goes so well with Soren. Anika is actually a name that Jake has mentioned before........but fingers crossed our next little goobers will be of the male persuasion ;) Hopefully we'll be making a trip down to SLO soon so we can see you all again. Take care.

Julie said...

I think we all have wondered what had happened to you:) Glad to hear that things are going well in the midst of all your craziness. And also, I love that name Anika. I used to watch a little girl with that name and think it is such a sweet name as well as Jane. Great choice!! We our still working on a boy name and it sure isn't easy. There are SO many names out there, it is hard to choose one and both agree on one too:) Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Auntie said...

I knew it! Well, I actually remember it from 8 years ago...but I still like it and had a feeling that's what it would be. I can't wait to meet her!!!

I will try my best not to call them (collectively) "Anika Soren-son" (kinda like the pro Swedish golfer)- but it may slip out one or two times ;) I also like "Jane" - very, very sweet.


Love you guys!

xoxo,

S

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Auntie S - Hahaha...don't worry, I won't mind if you must resort to name combining. Just to make it accurate - it's Sorenstam (I would not have known that unless I googled it.) :) I'm sure we'll get plenty of questions about how much we love watching golf (0%) or if we're Jewish (already been asked,'Hanakkuh' - get it??) As you know, there's really no getting around people being crazy with your name. :)

I'm glad you like her first AND middle name. She can't wait to meet you either - come see us!

Auntie said...

Yes, I know the golfer is "Sorenstam", but I will say "Sorenson". A play on words if you will :)

It's the perfect combination of names...Anika Jane. Yes, I like them both together :) It's perfect.

I have no idea what you're talking about...no one has ever messed up my name. Ever.

Caris said...

Ironically, now that you ARE sharing I am almost to the point of NOT sharing (even though it's my pet peeve) because people are so freaking annoying with their comments. And the fact that I have every client in the entire salon (not just my own) asking me what the name is, is WAAAAY too much input for this 8-month pregnant irritable mama!!

LOVE the name, as you know, and am glad to hear the van is making life easier! It will probably make it easier to take trips up to nor-cal too :)

Stover Family said...

I just love Caris's comment...that's all!

Flo Paris said...

I thought the same as Sylana! We have "A" name girlies.

You and I have both a first born S and a second born A.

I don't know why I love this SO much, but it obviously just seems...perfect.

Also, Jane is one of my favorite names too! LOOOVE it all!

skylana said...

what?! liking jane didn't mean that i didn't like anika... i just have already heard it from you and said i liked it... so didn't think i needed to confirm the matter... but i like it ;)

Erin said...

Haha Skylana...oops! I didn't want to presume, but I guess I didn't remember that you told me you liked it. I was fine with only getting 1 out of 2 that you liked! :)