Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Back

...and I need another vacation. I know, pretty unbelievable, but I do. This time, I need a get-away with my husband. If it weren't for school, lack of money, and Valentine's Day (that would be way too cliche') we would be out of here this weekend. At least Karl is getting a day in Santa Barbara on Friday and it's my turn to stay home and work.

This quarter has been easier than last quarter for our family, and I feel like I'm getting to know Karl again. When school and life get too crazy, we tend to forget how to be with each other because we never spend time together. We just end up being frustrated with the other person during the few times we do get alone - it's pretty lame. Just one of the MANY reasons I fantasize about graduation day on a way too regular basis. Anyway, we're past the crazy month of January **hallelujah!** and settling into February nicely (with the exception of the flu from hell and teething.) Karl has been home more and is able to take Soren to school one out of two days a week, and we're starting to split Soren's "wake-ups" with each other now. Karl is even able to help with dinner sometimes and do things around the house to help out. It's unbelievable how much these things help my state of mind and Karl loves having the time to spare to be with us.

Anyways, I want to get out of town with my husband!! We only have 6 months left while we're still a "little" family and date nights and weekends away are easy! [Said with panic in her voice.] I think a "getaway" stipend should be be included in tuition for Cal Poly architecture students. I'm gonna propose it, I'm sure they'd go for it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Erin~
Not too sure if you got my comment that I left you a while ago under your post back in '08 called "8 months with Soren", but I just wanted to get your thoughts/advice. I would love to hear what you have to say since I don't have a lot of friends that are what I like to call "natural".
Thanks in advance~
Julie