Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm Outta Here

For the past 6 days I have been home constantly, nursing (literally and figuratively) one very sick toddler. He contracted something awful and has been coughing, crying, snotting, vomiting, running a pretty high temp for a few days and NOT sleeping. He is getting better, but today I just feel worn completely ragged, like I'm on the verge of running out of my house. I have given every last ounce of myself to this little miserable guy and while my heart is torn apart seeing him so sick, I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I'm not sure how parents with more than one child deal with this sort of thing. Actually, there was one point a few days ago that I got mad at families who have a ton of kids - namely, the Duggers on TLC (like I said, I'm kind of losing my mind.) Soren is not a very clingy child, he rarely needs to be held and loves having his own space when he sleeps. Right now he just really needs mama and papa time - all day and a lot of the night. Anyway, I just don't see how it's fair for parents to make the choice to not give each of their kids the comfort they need because they feel they need to be fruitful. Don't get me wrong, I usually love the Duggers (in a "are you serious?!" sort of way, but I still love them.) I'm totally ranting, but it shows how stable my head is these days...not very.

The point of this blog, however, is to announce that I am getting out of here! No, I'm not running away (so don't call CPS) and I'm not being hypocritical. My AMAZINGLY sweet husband suggested I go spend some time with my relocated friend this weekend while he stays home with the Buddy. I already had the day off on Friday and Karl said he'd stay home with the little man this weekend so that I could breath again and check out the new Roberts home in Agoura Hills! I'm more excited than I have been about anything in a long time. The thought of driving by myself on 101, breathing ocean air, listening to music instead of crying, having time to myself - um, exciting stuff people! So, anyway, I'm ecstatic. Karl is already making plans to go to the airport, the train station and the zoo with Soren this weekend. A little boy's weekend - so cute. It's a win-win situation for so many people. Hello again LA!!! Wooooooot!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two very funny things about this post:

1). "um, exciting stuff people!"

and

2). You typing "Wooooooot!!" I've never heard you say this word so this proves you're out of your mind.

There are a few things I think when I've watched the Duggers:

1). Are you serious?
2). Who made up that uniform (skirts to ankles and bangs to the heavens)?
3). No, you don't need another one.

I'm glad you're getting away. Hope you have lots of fun :)

skylana said...

i need you. i cant wait.

Stover Family said...

I love the Duggers! Cannot beleive the dad told the son that sex is kindof like Leggo's...I almost peed my pants!

I hope your weekend escape was what you needed to recharge, and that your little guy is giving you some releif now.

Erin said...

A- I totally missed that part of the Dugger Wedding! (or at least I'm assuming that's the son he was talking to.) Normally, a dad would be using that analogy at a much younger age - bless their hearts. Oh, there's so much I could say about sex being like legos...but I'll leave it alone. :)