Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bones!

It's been a while since I've done a Soren update, so here goes (I have about 5 minutes before Karl and Soren get back from their little "adventure" to the coffee shop.)

-Soren is weaned! It happened very gradually, then one day I realized it had been a week or so since he last nursed. He went through a couple of weeks of being very frustrated when he tried to nurse and their was no more milk. He would look up at me and say "It's broken" or "It's not working." Pretty soon he just gave up I guess. Yippee! Now I have 6 months left to myself before I have to start it all over again.

-He is talking in sentences now. The other day he said "Having fun in the bath!" He picks up on way more than we realize when we're talking to each other and is constantly working on his vocab. He can pick out most of the alphabet and and can count to 6.

-Playing the guitar is still his #1 passion (obsession) and it's highly entertaining to see him turn any long object into a guitar when he doesn't have his real guitar handy. He can't get enough. He started to write and sing songs for us to. They usually go like this: "Maaamaaaa....Paaaaappaaa....." while he strums his guitar and bounces to the beat. Melts my heart. I love having songs written about me.

-This morning Soren has been throwing a pretty impressive amount of tantrums. One of them had to do with wanting bones. Yep, bones. He was crying and going to our pantry and begging for something that we had never heard him say before. Finally I asked him if he wanted bones and he immediately stopped crying and said, "Yeah" in such a relieved voice. Karl and I could not help but laugh and I realized that he remembered the lion in "Goodnight Gorilla" chewing on a bone. The last time we read it I told him that the lion was eating a bone, and somehow that memory stuck in his little brain so much that when he wanted a snack today he thought bones would be a good choice. I had to delicately explain to him that bones were only for lions and dogs to chew on, not for toddlers to eat. He was alright with that explanation and then asked for crackers.

That's it for the update. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Soren bought me flowers while he was out on his adventure! Adorable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This has got to be one of the cutest Sören stories so far!! Darling photo of him and your Valentine boquet!

Tricia Swift said...

such a funny story! It's so great to read about you guys. happy v-day:)

Diana said...

realmente adorable!!!!
www.mivolcancito.blogspot.com

:)