Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soren Turns Two!

My Soren turned 2 years old this past Sunday, and it blew my mind a little bit. So much has happened over the course of his little life and in a way it seems like he's been with us forever. This year we decided not to have a huge party for everyone he knows, but just a family Santa Maria style BBQ at my parents' house. Soren got to play with his beloved cousins and I didn't have to make up goodie bags for other people's children. Perfect.

By the end of the day, he was stoned on sugar and so tired he had bloodshot eyes. It didn't seem to phase him a bit though. He actually became more and more outgoing as the night went on and everyone was getting a kick out of his loss of inhibition. It was a really nice way to celebrate two years with the sweetest little boy I know.

Here's some pictures for you all..

A Rite of Passage - Riding the tractor for the first time with Grandpa


Me and the guitar cake I made for Soren. A major labor of love, but well worth it.


Final product


My dad caught a gopher snake for Soren's party. Soren named it "Cupcake".


Soren and his famous cousin DJ
(DJ gives Soren tons of toys when we visit, so he's quite popular in Soren's book.)


Soren and cousin Liam - doing a great job sharing at the water table


My cousin Anna blowing bubbles for the kids. Soren and Liam delightfully trying to catch them.


We Cashdans like our snake captures


Present time!


I LOVED that Soren didn't get a ton of presents for his birthday.
He really got to be excited for everything he got.


I have no idea why I have this look on my face


Yes, another shot of the cake. It took me almost 5 hours, and then I had to cut it into pieces.
At least it's memory will live on in this blog.


Soren's BIG birthday present - a John Deere tractor given by several family members.
Grammy and Grandpa's house just got 100 times cooler.


This is what happens when Mama is busy hosting a party - Soren gets all the cake he wants.
Thanks Grammy!

"Two Years Old"

6 comments:

Tricia Swift said...

wow what a great little guy you have there! Happy Birthday Soren! hope to meet you soon time this year? are you guys coming up for and Oregon visit this year??

Auntie S said...

Loving all these pictures, but I have to say ~ not all Cashdans are snake~charmers like you too :)

The cake is awesome...seriously! You did an amazing job. I don't think I'd have the patience for 5 hours of cakemaking.

Soren looks like he's having a great time. Now both my nephews have John Deere tractors ~ gotta say, never expected it :) Must be a boy thing.

Wish I could've been there...looks like a nice afternoon chilling out with the fam.

xoxo

Bret said...

1) Happy Birthday Soren! (from all us Rookses)

2) That look on your face looks suspiciously like you were caught halfway through the Happy of Happy Birthday, but no one else is singing, so I'm stumped.

3) That cake is awesome.

Andrea Rooks said...

How fun! That cake is nothing short of incredible! Could you give me a guitar-cake tutorial sometime between now and next March (Bret's birthday)?

Erin said...

Awesome cake! I've never wanted to eat a guitar before but I definitely do now. What a sweet boy and a terrific party.

A thankful heart said...

I am soo jealous of your cake making skills! Crazy amazing! You need to come give me lessons..I have no clue how to pipe:) Happy birthday Soren!!! Two was a great year with both our boys! Three... that's another story:)