Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Must Really Love Myself

About 3.5 hours ago, I started preparing a meal for tonight. I bought Foster Farms chicken yesterday for $.97/ lb (yes, I'm shopping sales these days) and planned to use them in a recipe I found on a cooking blog I read sometimes. I started brining the chicken while I was feeding Soren dinner and after he was done I had him help me pick some fresh rosemary off of the plant on our patio to make the rub for Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary Broiled Chicken. I crushed the garlic, grated the lemon, chopped the rosemary and put it all on my brined chicken while I cut up potatoes and cooked them in the skillet for about an hour. I then cooked up some garlic asparagus and waited for my chicken to be done in the broiler. At around 8:30 my meal was finally done. I sat down at the table with a wine glass full of French Berry Lemonade and marveled at what I had accomplished. Then, I realized I was having a date night with myself. Now I am going to cuddle up on the couch with myself for the night cause we're pooped.


Miss you Karl...come home sometime - ok?

2 comments:

Karl said...

this just ruined my night even more...but i'm glad you had a nice meal.

skylana said...

im sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!! that looks so freaking good. EVEN THE CHICKEN. i dont even cook anymore and i have been neglecting garlic. sad.